AfricAvenir Windhoek: African Perspectives 2012
In its sixth consecutive year, AfricAvenir Windhoek will continue its project, African Perspectives, the monthly film series held in the Namibian capital. So far it is planned to screen the following films:
- Black - Senegal/ France, 28.01.
- Skoonheid - South Africa, 25.02.
- The Wedding Song - Tunisia/France, 14.03.
- Otelo Burning - South Africa, 31.03.
- Un homme qui crie - Chad/France, 11.04.
- Behind the Rainbow - South Africa, 28.04.
- Ramata - Senegal, May
- The Lions Point of View - Senegal, 26.05.
- Battle of Algiers - Algeria/ Italy, 30.06.
- Satin Rouge - Tunisia, July
- Restless City - Nigeria/ USA, July
- Battle of Johannesburg - South Africa, August
- Cameroon – Autopsy of an Independence - Cameroon/ FRA September
- Sankofa - Ghana, October
- Sobukwe – A great soul - South Africa, November
In 2012, the series will put its focus, amongst others, on the 100 centenary of the ANC, the 50th anniversary of the independence of Algeria, and on PanAfricanist issues.
Additionally further screenings are considered:
- Cecil Moller 3-short film fest - Namibia
- The Governor’s New Clothes - DRC/ FRA/ Belgium
- A Small town called decent - South Africa
- Frantz Fanon: Black Skin, White Mask - United Kingdom
- Iman & I - South Africa
After receiving several requests in 2011 to expand its screenings across Namibia, AfricAvenir is busy seeking partners and looking for venues to screen in the towns of Swakopmund and Ondangwa. This planned expansion is an exciting development for the team of AfricAvenir and we hope for a similar success like the series has proven in the last past 5 years in Windhoek.
To support the regular screenings and the envisioned expansion, interested parties are invited to contact the Namibian section of AfricAvenir under africavenir.whk(at)googlemail.com.
Furthermore financial donations can be made to: Bank Account No.: 8002438211, Bank Windhoek, Branch: 481-972, Branch Name: Windhoek Main Branch, Swift code: BWLINANX, Account Holder Name: AfricAvenir