Job, Voluntary Service & Internship Opportunities
This page features AfricAvenir's Job, Voluntary Service and Internship offers, in all our established sections, particularly in Douala and Berlin. We also accept unsolicited internship applications, please include a Motivation Letter and a CV. Both for Douala and Berlin, internships have to last at least 3 months or more. All offers will be publushed here.
Internship & Voluntary Year within AfricAvenir in Berlin
Through educational and cultural projects, events and publications AfricAvenir advocates the creation of structures which allow an equal partnership between Africa and Europe. In this context, AfricAvenir offers (unfortunately unpaid!) internships in the field of cultural / project management. An internship at AfricAvenir provides an introduction to the versatile everyday life of a progressive NGO with a diverse and dedicated team.
AfricAvenir operates through a very active operational unit comprising a (voluntary) managing board and vocational project coordinators. Interns are entrusted a responsible part of the daily (office) work of the association: they support the coordinators in the conception and execution of cultural and educational events, take care of our guests and speakers, help with the content management of our website and get an insight into the administration of an NGO. Though the AfricAvenir Board legally acts as the employer, interns are coached and supervised by our project coordinators.
The minimum duration of an internship is three (3) months and the minimum working hours are 20 hours/week.
Applications (also unsolicited incl. Motivation Letter and CV) should be sent to: info(at)africavenir.org
- Advanced University Studies in the fields of cultural sciences, social sciences or humanities
- Some experiences in organizing events
- Good research skills
- Interest in the relationship between Africa and Europe, especially in African perspectives and issues such as African Renaissance, Critical Whiteness etc.
- Independent, responsible and precise work and attitude
- Good computer skills (Required: Word, Excel; Desirable: Typo3 or other CMS)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German
- Good command of English and knowledge of French desirable
- Support of current events through research, solicitation of quotations and booking of event venues, taking care and accompanying speakers and guests, maintaining databases and distributors
- Draft texts for Flyers / Newsletters / applications etc.
- Translation of texts into English and French
- Communication with partners (cultural institutions, schools, embassies)
- Support in Accounting and Controlling
- Support of bi-weekly meetings (every second Tuesday at 19h)