AfricAvenir is looking for interns (desirably from the beginning of June)!
Through educational and cultural projects, events and publications AfricAvenir advocates the creation of structures which allow an equal partnership between Africa and Europe. In this context, AfricAvenir offers internships in the field of cultural / project management. An internship at AfricAvenir provides an introduction to the versatile everyday life of progressive NGO work with a diverse and dedicated team.
The minimum duration of an internship is three (3) months and the minimum working hours are 20 hours/week. Unfortunately the internship is unpaid.
- Advanced University Studies in the fields of cultural sciences, social sciences or humanities
- Some experiences in organizing events
- Good research skills
- Interest in the relationship between Africa and Europe, especially in African perspectives and issues such as African Renaissance, Critical Whiteness etc.
- Independent, responsible and precise work and attitude
- Good computer skills (Required: Word, Excel; Desirable: Typo3 or other CMS)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German
- Good command of English and knowledge of French desirable
- Support of current events through research, solicitation of quotations and booking of event venues, taking care and accompanying speakers and guests, maintaining databases and distributors
- Draft texts for Flyers / Newsletters / applications etc.
- Translation of texts into English and French
- Communication with partners (cultural institutions, schools, embassies)
- Support in Accounting and Controlling
- Support of bi-weekly meetings (every second Tuesday at 19h)
Applications (also unsolicited incl. Motivation Letter and CV) should be sent to: Laura Klöckner: email@example.com